Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the online and/or face-to-face courses purchased through the NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) Learning Services, which are provided by NHS Blood and Transplant, a Special Health Authority established under SI 2005 No 2529 of 500 North Bristol Park, Northway, Filton, Bristol, BS34 7QH (“NHS Blood and Transplant” or “we” or “us”).
“Confidential Information” means information, data and material of any nature provided by one party to the other concerning, but not limited to, the business, clients, suppliers, finances and other areas of the other party’s business or products, including, without limitation, the Course Materials, but does not include information in the public domain other than through the default of the party disclosing the information, information required to be disclosed by any court or regulatory authority, or any information already in the possession or control of the disclosing party.
“Course Materials” means the information (including but not limited to presentations and digital packages) provided by NHSBT Learning Services as part of your course.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means all and any patents, copyrights, trademarks, design rights, service marks, domain names, registered designs, utility models, inventions, know-how, database rights, unregistered trademarks and service marks, trade and business names, including rights in any get-up or trade dress, confidential formulae and any other intellectual property rights and any similar rights anywhere in the world whether registered or not, including applications and the right to apply for any such rights.
“Course(s)” means the course(s) purchased through NHSBT Learning Services, delivered online and/or face-to-face by us as outlined in the description pursuant to which you learn Course Materials remotely and/or face-to-face.
“you” means the individual purchasing the Course(s) through the NHSBT Learning Services.
- Where a Course requires attendance (virtual or otherwise) on a range of dates, you, or your delegate, will be available to attend all dates. Where the course contains theory and practical elements these should be completed within a 3-month time period.
- You acknowledge and warrant that only one delegate for the place booked will be in attendance.
- All requests for cancellations or requests to reschedule places on Courses must be received via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations / rescheduling requests will become effective on the date of email confirmation received.
- The appropriate cancellation / rescheduling fee will apply based on the cost of the booking, as shown below.
|Date of Cancellation/Rescheduling
||Refund Applicable for Cancellation of Places on Courses
||Rescheduling/Delegate Substitution Fee Payable
|15 calendar days or more
||Cost of the Course less an administration fee of £25.00
||£25 administration fee
|Between 0 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)
||No refund will be given
||No refund will be given
- If you have purchased a Course and have already accessed, downloaded all or part of the Course and/or started to use that Course then you shall have no right to cancel your order.
- V. Where refresher modules have been provided as part of your Course joining instructions in relation to Specialist Transfusion Science Practice (STSP) and you decide to cancel this Course after you have accessed the refresher modules then you will not be charged for the STSP Course fees, providing that you have not accessed the STSP Course modules.
- If you, or your delegate fail to attend / complete part or whole of the Course, 100% of the Course fees are payable and no part is refundable.
- If you, or your delegate who has received a voucher do not attend then you will not be eligible for another voucher in the same financial year and 100% of the course fees are payable.
- Substitutions for delegates between 0 - 14 days from the start date of the Course are not permitted and non-refundable. Substitutions for delegates of 15 days or more from the start date of the Course will attract an administration fee of £25.00 and must be paid using a credit card on the day of substitution. NHSBT will not be able to confirm the place until payment has been received.
- All requests for substitutions must be received by email to email@example.com.
6. COURSE CHANGES
- It may be necessary for NHS Blood and Transplant to alter the content, speakers or the timing of the Course(s).
- NHS Blood and Transplant will endeavour to keep you, or your delegate, informed of such changes but any unavoidable change to the Course will not constitute a reason to refund the Course fee.
- Should the Course be postponed, NHS Blood and Transplant will endeavour to reschedule.
- If, for reasons beyond NHS Blood and Transplant’s control, the Course is cancelled, a full refund will be made.
- NHS Blood and Transplant do not accept any liability for any incurred costs resulting from a postponement or cancellation.
7. COURSE FEE
Once a booking has been confirmed by NHS Blood and Transplant, payment must be received before the start of the Course or within 30 days of invoice date.
Payment by BACS shall be to Account: NHS Blood Transplant, Sort code 60-70-80, A/C No. 10009272 quoting 558001381Surname/First Name Initials – maximum of 18 characters.
VAT will be applied to all financial transactions where applicable with the exception of cancellation charges.
The Course fee does not include refreshments, lunch, travel or accommodation costs unless specifically arranged with NHSBT Learning Services.
8. HEALTH EDUCATION ENGLAND (HEE) VOUCHER SCHEME
- A voucher scheme is available via https://learningcentre.nhsbt.nhs.uk/catalog?pagename=NHS-learners , details including eligibility are included in the link. Vouchers are available on a first come first serve basis, issued in the first 3 quarters of the financial year.
- Vouchers can only be issued to the individuals attending and completing the Course within the same financial year, noting that any course must be completed within 3 months of its start date.
- Voucher codes are single-use and must be used before their expiry date.
- You should not claim a voucher if you are aware for any reason that you cannot complete the Course within 3 months of the start date and within the same financial year.
- Any changes (inclusive of cancellation / non attendance / substitution / reschedule) will be subject to the following:
- If you cancel or reschedule within 0-14 days before the course start date or do not attend then you will be charged the full cost of the Course
- If you cancel or reschedule the Course 15 plus days before the course start date then you will be charged an administration fee of £25 for each amendment, this will be payable by credit / debit card via WorldPay.
- For two-part Courses, all parts must be completed within 3 months, if you do not allow sufficient time for completion, then you will be charged the full price of the Course and the voucher will be marked as invalid.
- If you access the Course Materials and then subsequently decide not to continue with the Course it will be deemed that you have used the voucher and the full cost of the Course will be charged.
- Substitutions for delegates between 0 - 14 days from the start date of the Course are not permitted.
- Substitutions for delegates of 15 days or more from the start date of the Course will attract an administration fee of £25.00 and must be paid using a credit card on the day of substitution. NHSBT will not be able to confirm the place until payment has been received.
- You will not receive a voucher if you are repeating part or all of the Course within the same financial year. If you want to complete the Course, then you will be charged for the full Course fee by NHSBT Learning Services.
9. ACCESS TO COURSE MATERIALS
Access to the Course Materials will be made available for six weeks after you have completed the Course, providing you have attended the whole course.
- Travel is not included in the Course fee.
- It is the responsibility of each delegate to make their own way to the venue in adequate time.
- NHS Blood and Transplant is not liable for any delays or non-attendance resulting from delayed or suspended transportation.
All complaints must be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. DATA PROTECTION
- Delegate’s details will be held by NHS Blood and Transplant’s contracted data processors to enable us to administer the booking, issue joining instructions, monitor attendance and payment status details.
- Information will not be disclosed to any third party other than NHS Blood and Transplant’s contracted data processors.
- NHS Blood & Transplant shall ensure compliance with the data protection laws applicable to England and Wales in processing the delegate details including having in place adequate technical and organisational security measures.
- Although NHS Blood and Transplant aims to provide the Course to the highest standards, neither it, nor its trainers/facilitators accept any liability for (i) any inaccuracy or misleading information provided in the Course or Course Materials and any reliance by you, or your delegate, on any such information, (ii) any loss or corruption of data, (iii) any loss of profit, revenue or goodwill, or (iv) any indirect, special or consequential loss arising from any breach of the terms of this agreement.
- Except to the extent that they are expressly set out in these terms and conditions, no conditions, warranties or other terms shall apply. Subject to clause 13. IV. no implied conditions, warranties or other terms apply (including any implied terms as to satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose or conformance with description).
- Subject to clause 13. IV. below, NHS Blood & Transplant’s total liability arising from or in connection with these terms and conditions and in relation to anything which we may have done or not done in connection with these terms and conditions and the delivery of the Course (and whether the liability arises because of breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason) shall be limited to the Course fees received by us in connection with the relevant Course in relation to which a dispute has arisen.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or limit NHS Blood & Transplant’s liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence, (ii) fraudulent misrepresentation or (iii) any other matter which under English law may not be limited or excluded.
14. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- You acknowledge that NHS Blood and Transplant or its licensors owns all rights, title and interest in the Course Materials, Courses and the speeches made by trainers/facilitators all of which are protected by the relevant Intellectual Property Rights, whether adapted, written for or customised for you or not.
- You (including any delegate) are not authorised to: -
- copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the Course Materials without prior written permission;
- record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the Course given;
- use the Course Materials in the provision of any other course or training whether given by us or any third party trainer;
- remove any copyright or other notice of NHS Blood and Transplant on the Course Materials;
- modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer (save to the extent permitted by law) any software forming part of the Courses.
Breach by you of this clause 14. II. shall allow us to immediately terminate these terms and conditions with you and cease to provide you with any service, including but not limited to access to the Courses.
- In consideration of the fees paid by you, we grant to you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the Course Materials and the software in respect of the Course for the sole purpose of completing the Course.
- Each party shall keep the other party’s Confidential Information strictly confidential and not use it otherwise than for the purposes of these terms and conditions and shall return it on demand and not retain copies of it.
- Either party may disclose Confidential Information to its legal and other advisors for the purposes of obtaining advice from them.
- This clause shall continue notwithstanding termination of these terms and conditions.
- NHS Blood and Transplant may assign, transfer, sub-contract any of its rights or obligations to any third party at its discretion.
- You agree not to assign, transfer or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions.
17. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- This is the entire agreement between you and us. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation or assurance or warranty that is not set out in this agreement.
18. LAW AND JURISDICTION
- This agreement is subject to English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in connection with any dispute hereunder.