Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the online and/or face-to-face courses purchased through the NHSBT Learning Centre, which are provided by NHS Blood and Transplant, a Special Health Authority established under SI 2005 No 2529 of 500 North Bristol Park, Northway, Filton, Bristol, BS34 7QH ("NHS Blood and Transplant" or "we" or "us").
By registering and subsequently purchasing our courses via the NHSBT Learning Centre website and agreeing, by clicking on the "Accept" button, you agree to be bound by the below terms and conditions.
Access to the Course Materials will be made available for six weeks after you have completed the Course, providing you have attended the whole course.
"Confidential Information" means information, data and material of any nature provided by one party to the other concerning, but not limited to, the business, clients, suppliers, finances and other areas of the other party’s business or products, including, without limitation, the Course Materials, but does not include information in the public domain other than through the default of the party disclosing the information, information required to be disclosed by any court or regulatory authority, or any information already in the possession or control of the disclosing party.
"Course Materials" means the information (including but not limited to presentations and digital packages) provided by NHS Blood and Transplant as part of your course.
"Intellectual Property Rights" means all and any patents, copyrights, trademarks, design rights, service marks, domain names, registered designs, utility models, inventions, know-how, database rights, unregistered trademarks and service marks, trade and business names, including rights in any get-up or trade dress, confidential formulae and any other intellectual property rights and any similar rights anywhere in the world whether registered or not, including applications and the right to apply for any such rights.
"Course(s)" means the course(s) purchased through the website, NHSBT Learning Centre, delivered online and/or face-to-face by us as outlined in the description pursuant to which you learn Course Materials remotely and/or face-to-face.
"you" means the individual purchasing the Course(s) through the NHSBT Learning Centre.
- Where a Course requires attendance (virtual or otherwise) on a range of dates, you, or your delegate, will be available to attend all dates.
- You acknowledge and warrant that for each Course purchased, only one delegate will be in attendance.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation fee will apply based on the cost of the booking, as shown below.
|Calendar days' notice before the start date of the programme
|15 calendar days or more
||Cost of the Course less an administration fee of £25.00
|Between 0 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)
||No refund will be given
- If you have purchased a Course and have already accessed, downloaded all or part of the Course and/or started to use that Course then you shall have no right to cancel your order.
- If you, or your delegate fail to attend or complete the Course, 100% of the Course fees are payable and no part is refundable.
- Substitutions for delegates between 0 - 14 days from the start date of the Course are not permitted and non-refundable. Substitutions for delegates of 15 days or more from the start date of the Course will attract an administration fee of £25.00 and must be paid using a credit card on the day of substitution. NHSBT will not be able to confirm the place until payment has been received.
- All requests for substitutions must be received in writing to email@example.com.
- It may be necessary for NHS Blood and Transplant to alter the content, speakers or the timing of the Course(s).
- NHS Blood and Transplant will endeavour to keep you, or your delegate, informed of such changes but any unavoidable change to the Course will not constitute a reason to refund the Course fee.
- Should the Course be postponed, NHS Blood and Transplant will endeavour to reschedule.
- If, for reasons beyond NHS Blood and Transplant’s control, the Course is cancelled, a full refund will be made.
- NHS Blood and Transplant do not accept any liability for any incurred costs resulting from a postponement or cancellation.
- Once a booking has been confirmed by NHS Blood and Transplant, payment must be received before the start of the Course or within 30 days of invoice date, whichever occurs sooner.
- Payment by BACS shall be to Account: NHS Blood Transplant, Sort code 60-70-80, A/C No. 10009272 quoting 558001381Surname/First Name Initials – maximum of 18 characters.
- VAT will be applied to all financial transactions where applicable with the exception of cancellation charges.
- IV. A voucher scheme is available via https://learningcentre.nhsbt.nhs.uk/catalog?pagename=NHS-learners, details including eligibility are included in the link. Vouchers are available on a first come first serve basis, issued quarterly throughout the year. The vouchers will have an expiry date which is time limited. After this date the voucher will no longer be valid. Vouchers can only be issued to one person per Course, subsequent attendance on this Course will be chargeable. If you cancel the Course and have received a voucher code, on cancellation of the Course the voucher code will no longer be valid.
- The Course fee does not include refreshments, lunch, travel costs or accommodation.
- Travel is not included in the Course fee.
- It is the responsibility of each delegate to make their own way to the venue in adequate time.
- NHS Blood and Transplant is not liable for any delays or non-attendance resulting from delayed or suspended transportation.
- Delegate’s details will be held by NHS Blood and Transplant’s contracted data processors to enable us to administer the booking, issue joining instructions, monitor attendance and payment status details.
- Information will not be disclosed to any third party other than NHS Blood and Transplant’s contracted data processors.
- NHS Blood & Transplant shall ensure compliance with the data protection laws applicable to England and Wales in processing the delegate details including having in place adequate technical and organisational security measures.
- Although NHS Blood and Transplant aims to provide the Course to the highest standards, neither it, nor its trainers accept any liability for (i) any inaccuracy or misleading information provided in the Course or Course Materials and any reliance by you, or your delegate, on any such information, (ii) any loss or corruption of data, (iii) any loss of profit, revenue or goodwill, or (iv) any indirect, special or consequential loss arising from any breach of the terms of this agreement.
- Except to the extent that they are expressly set out in these terms and conditions, no conditions, warranties or other terms shall apply. Subject to clause 10. IV. no implied conditions, warranties or other terms apply (including any implied terms as to satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose or conformance with description).
- Subject to clause 10. IV. below, NHS Blood & Transplant’s total liability arising from or in connection with these terms and conditions and in relation to anything which we may have done or not done in connection with these terms and conditions and the delivery of the Course (and whether the liability arises because of breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason) shall be limited to the Course fees received by us in connection with the relevant Course in relation to which a dispute has arisen.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or limit NHS Blood & Transplant’s liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence, (ii) fraudulent misrepresentation or (iii) any other matter which under English law may not be limited or excluded.
- I. You acknowledge that NHS Blood and Transplant or its licensors owns all rights, title and interest in the Course Materials, Courses and the speeches made by trainers all of which are protected by the relevant Intellectual Property Rights, whether adapted, written for or customised for you or not.
- You (including any delegate) are not authorised to:-
Breach by you of this clause 11. II. shall allow us to immediately terminate these terms and conditions with you and cease to provide you with any service, including but not limited to access to the Courses.
- copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the Course Materials without prior written permission;
- record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the Course given;
- use the Course Materials in the provision of any other course or training whether given by us or any third party trainer;
- remove any copyright or other notice of NHS Blood and Transplant on the Course Materials;
- modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer (save to the extent permitted by law) any software forming part of the Courses.
- In consideration of the fees paid by you, we grant to you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the Course Materials and the software in respect of the Course for the sole purpose of completing the Course.
- Each party shall keep the other party’s Confidential Information strictly confidential and not use it otherwise than for the purposes of these terms and conditions, and shall return it on demand and not retain copies of it.
- Either party may disclose Confidential Information to its legal and other advisors for the purposes of obtaining advice from them.
- This clause shall continue notwithstanding termination of these terms and conditions.
- NHS Blood and Transplant may assign, transfer, sub-contract any of its rights or obligations to any third party at its discretion.
- You agree not to assign, transfer or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- This is the entire agreement between you and us. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation or assurance or warranty that is not set out in this agreement.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
- This agreement is subject to English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in connection with any dispute hereunder.